Problem of Inspiron 500m

  • xurui8294
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hello, all.
      I'm trying to install a redhat 9 in my computer but the solution
      of Xwindows is only 800x600. I downloaded the 855patch from internet
      and ran it. The result is:
      i855GM chipset found
      If you get a segmentation fault, call: /usr/sbin/855patch 32000 nocheck
      BIOS currently knows of 480 kB of VideoRAM
      Successfully setting size to 32000 kB

      But when I enter Xwindow again, the solution is still 800x600 ! ! !

      The last few sections of my XF86Config is:

      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Videocard0"
      Driver "i810"
      VendorName "Videocard vendor"
      BoardName "Intel 855"
      VideoRam 32768
      EndSection

      Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen0"
      Device "Videocard0"
      Monitor "Monitor0"
      DefaultDepth 24
      SubSection "Display"
      Depth 24
      Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
      EndSubSection
      EndSection

      Section "DRI"
      Group 0
      Mode 0666
      EndSection

      Thank you very much. Your help will be highly appreciated.