No chance to find the 'dell-multimedia-buttons ...

  • piratel2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi to you,
      may be some one has find a way to 'grep' these multimedia buttons on
      top of the computer. I have 2 volume buttons which in function with
      'i8kutils' but the other ones (x4) are out of function. In former
      times i could give in the term "xev" and then i was able to find the
      right number for each button; but now in "kernel-2.6" there were only
      an output by '/var/log/messages' with the infomation: "... unknown key
      released ... code 0x81 on isa0060/"; and nothing more.
      If someone has found a solution - i would like to hear about it!
      Cheers --Thomas Rump
    • Mike Vincent
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Using gnome, I mapped the multimedia keys simply using the Keyboard
        Shortcuts preferences dialog to map the keys to the actions I wanted
        performed. Works like a charm.

        -Mike