X200 2.4.22 softkeys

  • laserlights2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi,

      I recently fiddled with my kernel, and a few funky things have happened.
      I'm running debian with 2.4.22 kernel.

      One odd thing that happened is Fn doesn't seem to work anymore.
      Primative things like turning on number lock works, but increasing and
      decreasing brightness doesn't work anymore. Fn+F8, which changes the
      display doesn't work anymore either. Does anyone have any idea what
      this goes under in the kernel?
      Another thing, the i810 doesn't seem to be capable of loading to the
      right clockspeed. In order for me to get the sound working properly, I
      have to insmod i810_audio clocking=48000. Is there anyway to automate
      this?

      ACPI doesn't work well either... but I think I'll save that for
      another day. I'm going to tinker some more with software suspend once
      I get some free time.

      If anyone knows anything that might be able to help me with my
      problems, especially with the softkeys, it would be greatly
      apprecaited. I guess the question is simply, where do softkeys go in
      the kernel?

      Jack