dell latitude d600, can't get PCMCIA to work with custom kernel

  • Peter Wittich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi All,

      I have a Dell Latitude D600 which is a nice laptop. I'm running Fedora
      on it (currently FC3.) However, I can't get the PCMCIA to work when I
      build my own kernel. With the stock redhat kernel, it works ok;
      however, with mine, it hangs hard

      # service pcmcia start

      (Hang == nothin' doing, gotta hit the power key for 5 seconds to
      restart.) This behavior has been since the FC1 series.

      I've looked at the suggestions on the web, e.g.,
      http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/~occ/laptop/ suggests changing the
      configuration file:

      > Change /etc/pcmcia/config.opts as follows: from include port 0x100-0x4ff, port
      > 0x800-0x8ff,port 0xc00-0xcff to include port 0x100-0x4ff,port 0xc00-0xcff

      Mine was already in the changed state (maybe Fedora comes this way)
      but it does not work none-the-less. Any suggestions? I've tried to
      make my kernel .config look like redhat's but so far no luck.

      Cheers,
      Peter
    • Peter Wittich
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Also, attached is the kernel config file I've tried using the latest
        kernel.org kernel with the software suspend 2 patches.

        Thanks for any help.

        Peter