Re: [linux-dell-laptops] My name is Brad, and I'm an alchoholic....

  • Damien Solley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 02:54 +0000, randomwosp wrote:

      > I mean, wannabe Linux junkie.
      >
      > I want to put a good KDE based Linux distro on my Dell Latitude LM
      > laptop. It has:
      >
      > 2 gig HD (3 when compressed)
      > 76MB RAM
      > 166MHz Pentium (with MMX)
      > I want to install the OCE edition of Xandros, but I don't know how
      > good it would run. Any suggestions?

      It will run poorly, if at all. With only 76MB Ram you won't be able to
      run either GNOME or KDE acceptably. However, you could use a lighter
      desktop like XFCE, IceWM, etc. Both are quite useable coming from a MS
      Windows background.
      Alternatively you could upgrade your RAM to 256MB or more.
      Regards
      Damien