My name is Brad, and I'm an alchoholic....

  • randomwosp
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      I mean, wannabe Linux junkie.

      I want to put a good KDE based Linux distro on my Dell Latitude LM
      laptop. It has:

      2 gig HD (3 when compressed)
      76MB RAM
      166MHz Pentium (with MMX)
      I want to install the OCE edition of Xandros, but I don't know how
      good it would run. Any suggestions?
    • Damien Solley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
        On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 02:54 +0000, randomwosp wrote:

        > I mean, wannabe Linux junkie.
        >
        > I want to put a good KDE based Linux distro on my Dell Latitude LM
        > laptop. It has:
        >
        > 2 gig HD (3 when compressed)
        > 76MB RAM
        > 166MHz Pentium (with MMX)
        > I want to install the OCE edition of Xandros, but I don't know how
        > good it would run. Any suggestions?

        It will run poorly, if at all. With only 76MB Ram you won't be able to
        run either GNOME or KDE acceptably. However, you could use a lighter
        desktop like XFCE, IceWM, etc. Both are quite useable coming from a MS
        Windows background.
        Alternatively you could upgrade your RAM to 256MB or more.
        Regards
        Damien