Re: [linux-dell-laptops] WIFI card for Dell inspiron 8200 on Fedora core 3?

  • Martin D. White
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005

      > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, ooouio wrote:
      >
      >> I'm searching for a wifi card (pcmcia) for my Dell inspiron 8200.
      >> I 'd tried an SMC 2835, but i couldn't find drivers for kernel 2.6.x
      >
      > i've used a linksys WPC11 V3 for well over a year now, and it works
      > fine out of the box on my 8100 running fedora core 3.
      >
      > apparently, the V4 version of that card is not linux-compatible, so
      > you really want to make sure you have a V3, unless things have changed
      > lately.

      I have the V4 version linksys pcmcia card and it works fine with the
      ndiswrapper and redhat 9.0.

      Martin D. White
      http://www.mindspring.com/~martinwhite
    • Alexandre Tessier
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
        I've tried a netgear WG511 and it works out of the box with Mandrake
        kernel 2.6 (prism54 module). I've read that the netgear WG511T, 802.11
        B/G/SuperG, also works (madwifi driver).

        Alex.

        ooouio wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I'm searching for a wifi card (pcmcia) for my Dell inspiron 8200.
        > I 'd tried an SMC 2835, but i couldn't find drivers for kernel 2.6.x
        >
        > Have you some ideas?
        >
        > and ...Happy new year for all of you ;D

      • Dave Kristol
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "ooouio" <ooouio@y...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I'm searching for a wifi card (pcmcia) for my Dell inspiron 8200.
          > I 'd tried an SMC 2835, but i couldn't find drivers for kernel 2.6.x
          >
          > Have you some ideas?

          If they're still available, Dell's TrueMobile 1150 mini-PCI card works
          great in the i8200 (I have one) with FC3 out of the box. Best of all,
          it doesn't take a PC card slot. (It fits in a little pocket in the
          bottom of the machine.)

          Dave Kristol