I'm a Newbie and my wireless works now!!!

  • Will
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      I just found this site today and am sooo happy about it. I installed
      fedora 3 a while back and have been playing with it off and on. I
      really wanted to use fedora more, but my motorola wireless card on my
      laptop would not work. Long story short, I had to reinstall
      Ndiswrapper (the rpm wouldn't work) and I had to find out that
      l("letter L") and 1("One") are two different characters Doh!!

      Anyway, it all works now!! How much fun this is - using about $700
      worth (in microsoft money) of free software to surf the internet, play
      movies, prepare spreadsheets, write letters, and on and on and on...

      Linux rules!!

      Will