Inspiron 4100, minipci card

  • Michael Perry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      I'm searching around for a minipci card that will work in a dell
      inspiron 4100. It has an empty slot and I'd like to dispense with the
      PC card I use if possible. I don't mind using ndiswrapper or linuxant
      to build support. I already use linuxant for the wpc54g cardbus card
      I use. Anyone install a specific minipci card on a Dell I4100? I've
      used the intel cards on later model dells; just need to know which
      cards may work with the 4100.

      BTW, running debian unstable, non-debian 2.6.7 kernel here.

      Thanks!

      Mike
    • laserlights2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
        I'm not sure if this will help, but I run X200 with debian 2.4.22. The
        minipc card I use is the stock TrueMobile1150 provided by dell, and it
        works fine with orinoco_cs drivers. I haven't gotten monitor mode to
        work with the card, but that just requires me to apply a few kernel
        patches, I believe.

        Jack

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Perry"