Re: i8100 + FC3 + Suspend

  • junkmale0
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2004
      Thanks for all the help. I disabled APM in my kernel and enabled acpi
      and now the fan control and processor throttling are working.

      When I try to send the laptop to suspend "echo "3" >
      /proc/acpi/sleep", the display comes on full white and then it looks
      like it goes into suspend. Only problem is when I come back, the
      display is all garbled. Now I tried what you mention in your blog and
      it didn't seem to fix anything. Then again, I'm not trying under X,
      just under a command prompt, so I guess it wouldn't matter anyway.

      Any more ideas anyone? While I can't suspend, I can at least throttle
      my cpu so the darn laptop doesn't get so hot.

      MWood

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Long <bflong@s...>