Video difficulties on Inspiron 8000

  • kurtisw@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      I've just installed RedHat 7 on my new Inspion 8000, and am having
      some puzzling difficulties with the video. I've upgraded the
      XF86Config-4 file as suggested in various emails/websites, and X
      sessions (I'm using Gnome) are working most of the time. However,
      sometimes, upon exiting the Gnome session, the screen melts into a
      pretty white upon white pattern. This generally happens if I've
      started and exited several X sessions without shutting down the
      computer (which happens quite a bit right now as I'm installing my
      software).

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Happy Groundhog Day,
      Kurtis
    • mxracer404@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2001
        Kurtis,

        Try this config. It works on My Inspiron 8000 w/ 14.1"LCD.

        Scott

        Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
        EndSection

        Section "Files"
        FontPath "unix/:7100"
        EndSection

        Section "Module"
        Load "GLcore"
        Load "dbe"
        Load "dri"
        Load "extmod"
        Load "glx"
        Load "pex5"
        Load "record"
        Load "xie"
        Load "v4l"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Keyboard0"
        Driver "keyboard"
        Option "XkbLayout" "us"
        EndSection

        Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        Driver "mouse"
        Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option "Emulate3Buttons" "On"
        Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        EndSection

        Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Monitor0"
        VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName "Monitor Model"
        VertRefresh 40-110
        HorizSync 28-90
        Option "DPMS"
        Modeline "1400x1050" 107.85 1400 1450 1500 1999 1050 1058
        1070 1150
        EndSection

        Section "Device"
        Identifier "Card0"