Re: Inspiron 1100 ACPI suspend

  • harris_s_newman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2004
      I just tried this, and it trashed my system. Rawhide would not update
      properly, I spent all day trying to resolve it. Back to reinstalling
      Fedora.

      -HN

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Long <bflong@s...>
      wrote:
      > You need to upgrade to the Xorg packages that are in Rawhide.
      > I posted about it in my blog at http://bipolar.longbros.com/ so you can
      > find some instructions there. Look for the topic: New Dell 600m.
      >
      > Benjamin Long
      >
      > On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 13:44 +0000, Harris wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm running FC3 and can, from Kde, choose to suspend, and it seems to
      > > save to memory (and work). However, when I resume, it looks like the
      > > disk is accessed and things are working, but the screen is totally
      > > dark, like it's not coming back. Anyone else have come apon this
      > > situation?
      > > -Harris

    • Benjamin Long
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
        >From my blog entry:
        "Don't forget the "enabled=0" option! If you do you will have your whole
        system upgraded to rawhide the next time you run "yum update"."
        Did you forget that? What exactly got trashed on your system?
        I'm running the rawhide xorg packages fine here. You didn't try
        upgrading everything, did you?

        Benjamin Long