Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Hibernate on docking station, then waking up without docking station

  • Gerhard den Hollander
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
      * Chris Worley <chrisw@...> (Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 11:37:25PM -0700)

      > (Dell Latitude D600, running SuSE 9.2)
      >
      > When hibernating while docked, then waking up un-docked: the graphics
      > screen is blank. ctrl-alt-f1 successfully goes to the text screen, but
      > the graphics screen is blank. Killing/restarting X brings the graphics
      > screen back (but ctrl-alt-f7 does not).
      >
      > On previous (Toshiba) laptops, there's a function key for switching from
      > external to internal display. The Dell seems to have the same function
      > key, but it doesn't do anything.
      >
      > Any ideas?

      Do you have an NVidia card ?

      If so, you might force an INT10 (or whatever it's called) to the card by
      closing and opening the lid.

      The hotkey might work with the very latest NVidia drives (6629), but I
      hjaven;t had any success with it.

      Currently listening to: Godflesh - i, me, mine

      Gerhard, <faliquid@...> == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
      --
      __O Do you know that guy who used to live across from the prison?
      =`\<, Well, now he lives across from his house.