Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Need help setting up wireless internet

  • bil Jeschke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2004
      I found 1 review that says it is winblows only, but that was from Oct, 2003.
      http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Ashton_Digital_WRUB_2011i_wireless_USB_stick/4505-3380_16-30576973-3.html
      Another said the reltek drivers might work on it, but that thread did not post if
      that worked.
      The homepage lists only m$ support.
      http://www.ashtondigital.com/specs/wireless/specs_airdash_cardbus_140.htm
      You might have to return it and get one from a more suppored manufacturer.

      --- Christopher <crboorman@...> wrote:

      > I'm running Mandrake 10.1 on a Dell Latitude CpxJ650 with KDE. I'm
      > using an Ashton Digital AirDash wireless USB stick. It does not appear
      > on Harddrake as one of my devices. I attempt to add a wireless
      > connection where I'm prompted to choose the only option of "manually
      > load a driver". Each driver I select has the same effect. I'm prompted
      > to choose between autoprobing and manually configuring. Choosing
      > autoprobe generates a series of dialog boxes that open and close so
      > fast I cannot read them. Then I'm right back to "manually load a
      > driver again".
      >
      > When attempting to use "Manage Connections", wlan0 appears in a drop
      > down list, but no information appears on the rest of the screen.
      > Choosing eth0 brings back tabs like TCP/IP.
      >
      > What should I be doing to get this wireless USB stick working? Any
      > help would be appreciated.

      =====
      I am the Lord of the Realm of Stupidity
      All are Welcome to My Domain