Re: [linux-dell-laptops] May we send you some information? 3275

  • T. Daniel Crawford
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
      > On 1 Feb 2001, at 14:48, ams@... wrote:

      > You e-mail address was included in an opt-in address list
      > we purchased for one-time use. Sorry for the intrusion if
      > your name was erroneously included. Since this is a one-
      > time mailing to you, there is nothing you have to do to be
      > removed. Unless you respond to this message, you are
      > already "removed." Here is a deal we thought you would like
      > to see. If not, please just Delete this message, and you will
      > not be contacted by us again. Thanks.
      > This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill
      > HR 1910. Under Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S.
      > Congress on May 24, 1999, this message cannot be
      > considered Spam...

      Bilbo is correct: the bill was INTRODUCED into the House on 5/24/99, and
      was discussed in a subcommittee on 11/3/99. That appears to have been the
      last action on this bill. It hasn't been passed by the House or Senate.

      -Daniel
    • Art Delano
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        on 2/2/01 8:22 AM, T. Daniel Crawford at crawdad@... wrote:

        > Bilbo is correct: the bill was INTRODUCED into the House on 5/24/99, and
        > was discussed in a subcommittee on 11/3/99. That appears to have been the
        > last action on this bill. It hasn't been passed by the House or Senate.

        Specifically, a bill is not a law. It imposes no regulation and requires no
        enforcement. In other words, it's irrelevant to your daily affairs up until
        it is ratified.

        A traceroute to postaweb.com shows nothing. Suggestions on which parties to
        forward complaints to would be welcome.

        AjD
        --
        Art Delano: Happy Groundhog's Day:: Logic Solutions: 734-930-0009x215
        http://www.logiclink.com/