May we send you some information? 3275

  • ams@postaweb.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001

      You e-mail address was included in an opt-in address list we purchased for one-time use. Sorry for the intrusion if your name was erroneously included. Since this is a one-time mailing to you, there is nothing you have to do to be removed. Unless you respond to this message, you are already "removed." Here is a deal we thought you would like to see. If not, please just Delete this message, and you will not be contacted by us again. Thanks.

      Would you like to receive a $50.00 U.S. Savings Bond just for opening a personal online bank account? How about a genuine lab created ruby, sapphire or alexandrite valued at $50.00 per carat (all gems are at least one carat or more), just for trying a product or service? These are just some of the premiums offered by our clients to get you to try their services. There's no cost or obligation if you don't like their services. Period. (By the way, this is not one of those "business opportunities" or multi-level marketing schemes.)

      "Sounds great, but what's the catch?" There is one. In order to find out about these great deals, you need to reply back to us with your name and e-mail address so we can send you the information. That's it.

      "Yeah, then my mail box gets loaded with all kinds of junk e-mail because you sold my name." Not so. We are looking to establish a long-term relationship with you. We never sell our subscriber list to anyone. Ever. It's not in our best interests.

      So, who are we? We are an Internet marketing company. We receive our compensation from the companies offering these products or services. Our job is to look for great deals for you and us. When we find deals that make sense, we go back to the companies and sign them up. In this process, we always look for them to "sweeten the pot" to you by offering an even better premium.

      We want you to know that if you subscribe for our free services, you will not be receiving e-mails from us on a daily or even weekly basis. But as we find great new deals, we will e-mail the information to you . . . probably one or two every few weeks. There are some great deals in cyberspace if you can find them, but most offerings are just so-so. We only want the great deals, and we won't e-mail you with anything less. We won't waste your time or ours on just so-so opportunities.

      So again, please get back to us now so we can show you how to get the $50 U.S. Savings Bond or genuine lab created ruby, sapphire or alexandrite for your favorite loved one (even if tha's yourself). This decision is in your hands. You can click and delete this e-mail message, and you won't hear from us again. Or you can give us a chance to introduce you to some of the best deals on the Internet. You have nothing to loose, and a whole lot to gain.

      Get started now by sending a blank e-mail to bestbuys@... with the word "subscribe" in the subject line. That's all there is to it.

      P.S. If at anytime you decide our offerings don't meet your standards, you can click on the "remove link" contained in each message, and your name will be deleted from our list.

      This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill HR 1910. Under Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S. Congress on May 24, 1999, this message cannot be considered Spam as long as we include the way to be removed. Per Section HR 1910, you are already removed.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        What is this rubbish?
        I don't join mailing lists to be spammed - is this normal and if so is
        there somewhere/someone else to move this list to?
        oh and that pseudo-legal postscript is crap- the bill hasn't been
        passed by the US Congress and at least some of us aren't in the
        US anyway. THIS IS SPAM.
        On 1 Feb 2001, at 14:48, ams@... wrote:
        You e-mail address was included in an opt-in address list
        we purchased for one-time use. Sorry for the intrusion if
        your name was erroneously included. Since this is a one-
        time mailing to you, there is nothing you have to do to be
        removed. Unless you respond to this message, you are
        already "removed." Here is a deal we thought you would like
        to see. If not, please just Delete this message, and you will
        not be contacted by us again. Thanks.
        ..snip..
        ****
        This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill
        HR 1910. Under Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S.
        Congress on May 24, 1999, this message cannot be
        considered Spam as lo
        regards,
        Bill
      • T. Daniel Crawford
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
          > On 1 Feb 2001, at 14:48, ams@... wrote:

          > You e-mail address was included in an opt-in address list
          > we purchased for one-time use. Sorry for the intrusion if
          > your name was erroneously included. Since this is a one-
          > time mailing to you, there is nothing you have to do to be
          > removed. Unless you respond to this message, you are
          > already "removed." Here is a deal we thought you would like
          > to see. If not, please just Delete this message, and you will
          > not be contacted by us again. Thanks.
          > This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill
          > HR 1910. Under Bill HR 1910 passed by the 106th U.S.
          > Congress on May 24, 1999, this message cannot be
          > considered Spam...

          Bilbo is correct: the bill was INTRODUCED into the House on 5/24/99, and
          was discussed in a subcommittee on 11/3/99. That appears to have been the
          last action on this bill. It hasn't been passed by the House or Senate.

          -Daniel
        • Art Delano
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
            on 2/2/01 8:22 AM, T. Daniel Crawford at crawdad@... wrote:

            > Bilbo is correct: the bill was INTRODUCED into the House on 5/24/99, and
            > was discussed in a subcommittee on 11/3/99. That appears to have been the
            > last action on this bill. It hasn't been passed by the House or Senate.

            Specifically, a bill is not a law. It imposes no regulation and requires no
            enforcement. In other words, it's irrelevant to your daily affairs up until
            it is ratified.

            A traceroute to postaweb.com shows nothing. Suggestions on which parties to
            forward complaints to would be welcome.

            AjD
            --
            Art Delano: Happy Groundhog's Day:: Logic Solutions: 734-930-0009x215
            http://www.logiclink.com/