Re: [linux-dell-laptops] RedHat 'fisher' on I8000

  • Matthew Geier
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      Anish Patel wrote:

      > Anyone have any luck installing the newly released RedHat 7.0.90
      > (codenamed fisher) on an Inspiron 8000?
      >
      > I burned the .iso images and attempted an install, but my computer
      > automatically powers down when RedHat is "searching for PC Cards..."
      >
      > I'd appreciate some pointers if anyone gets this to work.

      Is 'fisher' based on 2.4.0 ?. If so I think it has major PCMCIA
      problems. My Latidue C600 locks hard when I plug in a CF card under
      2.4.0. Worked fine on plain RH 7.0.

      Have you got any cards plugged in ?. If so, try it with them removed.

      2.4.0 had a major 'hotplug' bug with USB that Im aware of, since
      PCMCIA/CardBus is also a 'hotplug' bus, maybe it is affected as well.

      Im abount to try 2.4.1 on the C600. (As soon as CVS finishes, its build
      time...)

      --
      Matthew Geier matthew@...
      Arts IT Unit +61 2 9351 4713