Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Wireless WEP Key?

  • Peio
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
      El vie, 03-12-2004 a las 13:11 +1100, mpierce escribió:
      > I'm using the ndiswrapper for a Belkin PCMCIA wlan0 802.11g on a Debian
      > system.
      >
      > The access point requires a key.
      >
      > On startup, the network fails as it cannot access due to authorisation problem
      > until I run,
      > iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      > pump -i wlan0
      >
      > Is there a way to configure the system so that this key is permanently kept.
      in /etc/network/interfaces
      wireles_key XXXX(hexadecimal) | s:XXXX(ascii)

    • Aaron Luptak
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
        mpierce wrote:

        >I'm using the ndiswrapper for a Belkin PCMCIA wlan0 802.11g on a Debian
        >system.
        >
        >The access point requires a key.
        >
        >On startup, the network fails as it cannot access due to authorisation problem
        >until I run,
        > iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        > pump -i wlan0
        >
        >Is there a way to configure the system so that this key is permanently kept.

        On debian, mine was set up in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts - It's standard
        with the wireless-tools package (i think), the file has pretty good
        documentation inside.
      • mpierce
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
          On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:25 am, Peio wrote:
          > El vie, 03-12-2004 a las 13:11 +1100, mpierce escribió:
          > > I'm using the ndiswrapper for a Belkin PCMCIA wlan0 802.11g on a Debian
          > > system.
          > >
          > > The access point requires a key.
          > >
          > > On startup, the network fails as it cannot access due to authorisation
          > > problem until I run,
          > > iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          > > pump -i wlan0
          > >
          > > Is there a way to configure the system so that this key is permanently
          > > kept.
          >
          > in /etc/network/interfaces
          > wireles_key XXXX(hexadecimal) | s:XXXX(ascii)
          Working like a charm... Thank you!
          Finale setup is for anyone else:

          auto wlan0
          iface wlan0 provider dhcp