inspiron 3000 sound problem

  • bit_jocky_x
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2004
      I'm trying to configure my soundcard and run into a slight problem

      When starting KDE (3.2) I get the message

      Error while initializing the sound driver
      can't set playback format (_format=-1, asked driver to give 16, got 8)

      obviously I've set something incorrectly, but I'm not sure how to
      check, I loaded the cs4232 driver through modconf, should I have used
      a different driver?