ACPI on Inspiron 2600 with 2.6.8.1 kernel

  • Justin Georgeson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2004
      I have an Inspiron 2600 and am running Ubuntu's warty release which
      uses the 2.6.8.1 kernel. I'm having trouble getting help with ACPI
      features, specifically S3 and S4 suspend modes. If I run `echo -n mem
      > /proc/power/state` the machine does go into S3. WhenI hit the power
      button, it wakes up, and everything looks right. But the keyboard
      doesn't work, and after about 5 seconds it powers down. When I hit the
      power button after this powering down, grub is loaded (as though I had
      halted or gone into S4). When I run `echo -n disk > /proc/power/state`
      nothing happens. No system logs show any evidence that the ACPI system
      handled the command in any way. I've looked at acpi.sf.net an
      swsup.sf.net and from what I can tell swsup should be rolled into the
      2.6 kernel, so S4 should be supported. Perhaps I need to do some of
      the DSDT stuff. Does anyone have any experience setting up this stuff
      on the 2600?