spindown/standby usb hard drive?

  • jefcheng
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      I have a usb hard drive connected to my Inspiron 5150 running Fedora
      Core 2. When I try to set the spindown/standby timeout for the drive
      using "hdparm -S36 /dev/sda1", I get:

      /dev/sda1:
      operation not supported on SCSI disks

      Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to do this? Any
      suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.