s video

  • Eugene Zesch
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2004
      I have a Latitude C600, dual booting Mandrake 10 and Win2000.
      I'm trying to use an s video to composite video converter to view dvds and
      video presentations on a tv, but all I get is a blue screen on the
      television.
      Has anyone done this?
      What am I doing wrong?

      Thanks,
      Gene
    • Haedn Thorn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2004
        --- Eugene Zesch <zesch@...> wrote:

        > I have a Latitude C600, dual booting Mandrake 10
        > and Win2000.
        > I'm trying to use an s video to composite video
        > converter to view dvds and
        > video presentations on a tv, but all I get is a blue
        > screen on the
        > television.
        > Has anyone done this?
        > What am I doing wrong?

        Blue screen sounds like you aren't getting a signal at
        all. Are you getting the same results under Winblows
        and Mandrake? Does the Windoze driver recognize that a
        TV is connected? What video chipset does your C600
        have? I've done X and Windows with TwinView and TV out
        on nVidia chipsets, but I have yet to try the Radeon
        on my 600m. The fglrx driver claims to support it, but
        I have no dongle to get composite from the s-video.

        Another posibility is that you don't have the
        appropriate converter, though I _think_ s-video
        carries the composite signal, I am not certain.