[linux-dell-laptops] I'm lost!!

  • thebault
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 1999
      Hi Everybody,
      I waited that I'm totally lost befor email you to not disturb...
      I recently buy a laptop 7.5k DELL, and tried to install Mandrake 6.1.
      No pb with that, but XF86 doesn't work.
      I tried methode 1, 2 and 4 of steveh, but no sucess. And now I have no
      idea of what to do?? And I also tried some XFbinary of Barry... (same
      results)
      When I 'startx' something happened (the HD is working) but the screen
      stay blank. And when I stop the server, there is no special message
      (only PID missing). It's like I try to run XF with the screen off...
      I please some help?
      Thanks.
      John
    • AndreaG287@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 1999
        I am somewhat lost. I have an I75K with the XGA display and an LS-120 super
        drive.
        I have no idea how to get the super drive working. I have been trying this
        and that from sites all over the web. I have been going around in circles and
        still I am not getting anywhere. I have been around and around so many times
        my head is going to spin right off.