Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Putting XP Pro instead of the Dell supplied XP Home.

  • Denis De Messemacker
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 22:53, Daevid Vincent wrote:
      > So now that my drive is on route, can I install XP Pro on my notebook from a
      > regular XP Pro CD? My i8200 came with a special Dell XP Home. And I remember
      > one time trying to install nVidia drivers from their site, but it didn't
      > work. I'm worried that things like the ethernet, modem, video, audio, etc.
      > are special drivers that I won't be able to find.

      Wrong list !
      Anyway, all needed drivers are in the dell web site ... support section.

      /ddm

      --
      Denis De Messemacker
      GnuPG Key-ID: 0x02787880
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        OMG! *blush*

        How embarrassing. For what it's worth, I dual boot Gentoo on my notebook. I
        wasn't worried about the Linux side b/c it all works great. :) I'm getting
        the bigger drive and formatting XP b/c it's all broken and slow now.

        ________________________________

        On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 22:53, Daevid Vincent wrote:
        > So now that my drive is on route, can I install XP Pro on my
        notebook from a
        > regular XP Pro CD? My i8200 came with a special Dell XP Home. And
        I remember
        > one time trying to install nVidia drivers from their site, but it
        didn't
        > work. I'm worried that things like the ethernet, modem, video,
        audio, etc.
        > are special drivers that I won't be able to find.

        Wrong list !
        Anyway, all needed drivers are in the dell web site ... support
        section.

        /ddm

        --
        Denis De Messemacker
        GnuPG Key-ID: 0x02787880
        ddm@... http://www.e-labs.org
        ddm@... http://www.ClamAV.net - A GPL virus scanner

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here
        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129t9veo9/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1708211820:HM/EXP=1094246465/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2319498/rand=299985301>