I8200 and how do I remove the HardDrive?

  • Daevid Vincent
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
      This is a stupid question, but how do I remove the hard drive? Where is it?
      I thought it might be behind the IR port, so I unscrewed the single screw,
      but can't figure out for the life of me how to get that panel off (without
      breaking it of course). What's the trick here?

      Also, anyone know if this drive will fit:
      http://www.isystor.com/to805416casu.html

      Do I need an adapter or anything from Dell?
    • Will Simpson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
        Wow, that looks like a nice drive. I added a second drive to my I8200
        but I ordered it from Dell and it uses the left-side front modular bay.
        60 gig total (20 original - 40 added). Unfortunately soon after I added
        the second drive, the battery charging circuit died.

        Will

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
          i'm a retard. i didn't take the screw ALL THE WAY OUT. if you do, then the cover snaps downwards and you can pull the carrier out. duh. ;-)

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
            and, i found this page:

            which is the drive i currently have in there now (stock).

            so, dimensions seem to be the same:
            2.8 in x 3.9 in x 0.4 in

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
              okay. sorry for the deluge of emails, but not like this list is active ;-)

              for anyone that cares, i searched around and this place had it for a good price ($172):

              but most importantly, they had a telephone order line and i could talk to a real person.
              i'm so sick of these "yahoo" clone stores that are all virtual.
              i want to talk to a person dammit. i want to know that you are a real business and not just joe shmoe working out of his gramma's house and drop-shipping me something.

              even "new egg" who i've heard so much about, doesn't have a person to talk to.

              while i was on that page, i got the adapter and the firewire/usb2 enclosure, 3 year warranty and next day FedEx. all for like $250ish. now i'll upgrade my notebook over the long labor day weekend. woo hoo!!!

              </rant>

            • mchristoph.eckert@t-online.de
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
                Am Donnerstag, 2. September 2004 20:42 schrieb Daevid Vincent:

                > i'm a retard. i didn't take the screw ALL THE WAY OUT. if
                > you do, then the cover snaps downwards and you can pull the
                > carrier out. duh. ;-)

                As I changed my hard drive (the original was slow and noisy) I
                wondered if I would break anything by pulling on the
                downsnapped plastic thingy.

                Gruß & regards

                ce

                Jabber: HomoSapientz@...

                «Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen» (Helmut Schmidt)