Re: [linux-dell-laptops] MIC input

  • Paul Gratz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 10:54 AM
      If you are running w/ the alsa drivers, it should be there. You need to
      play with alsamixer and amixer to enable it (I figured this out once and
      have since forgotten how I did it).
      Paul

      On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 11:56, Will Simpson wrote:
      > I have a Inspiron 8200 running Debian with the 2.6.7 kernel. I want to
      > try my hand at audioblogging but I don't seem to have a mic input when I
      > run Audacity. I can here the audio in the headset but it is not being
      > recorded. Does anybody have advice on either how to add my mic input
      > (either built-in or plugged in) to Audacity or can you suggest a
      > different program that you have had success with?
      >

      > Will
      > Moscow, Idaho

    • Will Simpson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 11:16 AM
        Thanks for the tip. I'm running alsa sound and after looking at
        alsamixergui, I was able to activate the mic for recording. I thought I
        had already looked at that but must not have followed the right
        procedure. Working know. FYI kmix does allow me to switch on and off and
        control the volume of the mic.

        Also thanks to Paul Gratz for his help.

        Will
        Moscow, Idaho