External CRT

  • Alejandro Barros
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi,

      I have a X300 with a dockstation and mandrake 10, i would appreciate if someone could help me to config my X (XF86Config-4), because i would like to use a crt screen(external) when i have my notebook conected to the dockstation.  Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      --
      Alejandro Barros

    • Paul Gratz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        A couple questions first, what video card/chip does it have in it. The
        two major ones are an ati variant or an nvidia variant and the solution
        depends on that answer. Also, are you wanting to use both the laptop's
        screen and the external monitor at the same time (CRT as an extension of
        the LCD) or do you just want to have the external monitor be a mirror of
        what would be on the LCD screen? I have an ATI in mine and I'm currently
        writing this mail with the CRT as an extension of the LCD.

        Paul

        On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 08:03, Alejandro Barros wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a X300 with a dockstation and mandrake 10, i would appreciate
        > if someone could help me to config my X (XF86Config-4), because i
        > would like to use a crt screen(external) when i have my notebook
        > conected to the dockstation. Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > --
        > Alejandro Barros

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Service.

      • Alejandro Barros
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
          Paul, (1) The video/chip is an Intel 855GM integrated (64 Mbytes) (2) I
          would like to use the laptop when is docked the external CRT and when is
          undocked the LCD Alejandro
          Message: 4 Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:41:54 -0500 From: Paul Gratz
          <pgratz@...> Subject: Re: External CRT A couple questions first,