Re: 5000e X11 Config

  • Nathaniel Cosgrove
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 5:39 AM
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "deadalright"
      <deadalright@y...> wrote:
      > I've finally installed Gentoo on my 5000e, only the xorg server
      won't
      > start after compiling. Neither the semi- or full auto config
      options
      > worked, and if I start it, the following error comes up:
      >
      > Fatal server error:
      > Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all
      > framebuffer devices
      >
      > Can anyone tell me what the best method of resolving this is?
      > I know vesa drivers are supposed to resolve this, but I have no
      idea
      > how too use them.
      > Also, if some has a 5000e with a working xorg server, could they
      > please post their xorg.conf file?
      >
      > Thanks.

      I installed Fedora Core 2, and X worked out of the box. I should also
      note that while it works, it ONLY works in 1600x1200 mode. I have no
      idea why, but I guess I'll have to live with it, or buy the Xig Summit
      Xserver.

      I hope this helps!

      Here's my xorg.conf file:

      # XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

      Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier "Default Layout"
      Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
      InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
      InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
      EndSection

      Section "Files"

      # RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name
      of the
      # file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally
      # no need to change the default.
      # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated
      together)
      # By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent
      of
      # the X server to render fonts.
      RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
      FontPath "unix/:7100"
      EndSection

      Section "Module"
      Load "dbe"
      Load "extmod"
      Load "fbdevhw"
      Load "glx"
      Load "record"
      Load "freetype"
      Load "type1"
      Load "dri"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"

      # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with
      xset(1))
      # Option "Xleds" "1 2 3"
      # To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
      # Option "XkbDisable"
      # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
      # lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.
      # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
      # Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
      # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
      Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
      #
      # Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
      # For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
      # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
      # or:
      # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
      # Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
      #
      # If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
      # control keys, use:
      # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
      # Or if you just want both to be control, use:
      # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
      #
      Identifier "Keyboard0"
      Driver "keyboard"
      Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
      Option "XkbLayout" "us"
      EndSection

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Mouse0"
      Driver "mouse"
      Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
      Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
      EndSection

      Section "Monitor"
      Identifier "Monitor0"
      VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
      ModelName "LCD Panel 1600x1200"
      HorizSync 31.5 - 90.0
      VertRefresh 60.0 - 60.0
      Option "dpms"
      EndSection

      Section "Device"
      Identifier "Videocard0"
      Driver "r128"
      VendorName "Videocard vendor"
      BoardName "ATI Rage 128 Mobility"
      EndSection

      Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen0"
      Device "Videocard0"
      Monitor "Monitor0"
      DefaultDepth 24
      SubSection "Display"
      Viewport 0 0
      Depth 16
      Modes "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1024x768"
      "800x600" "640x480"
      EndSubSection
      SubSection "Display"
      Viewport 0 0
      Depth 24
      Modes "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1024x768"
      "800x600" "640x480"
      EndSubSection
      EndSection

      Section "DRI"