Re: [linux-dell-laptops] fedora 2 insporin 8200. usb pen storage

  • Suman K
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      Most of the usb-storage devices should work out of the
      box in almost all distros.

      The usb storage devices usually are /dev/sda1 etc.,

      A small linux could be installed in a 512MB pen
      storage and one could make a portable linux solution.

      I have done this using my external usb storage 160GB,
      I can now just carry my hardrive and use any PC to
      boot to my linux system.

      Suman K

      --- sudhakar@... wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Do there pen storage devices etc work in fedora 2?
      > My laptop is
      > inspiron 8200.
      >
      > In genral, how is USB support in linux distros?
      >

      > Sudhakar.
      >

      > Sudhakar Govindavajhala Department
      > of Computer Science
      > Graduate Student, Princeton