Re: [linux-dell-laptops] linux just isn't worth the trouble

  • adam@thebowery.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
      On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:02:04AM -0000, wiley hundley wrote:

      > my best for over two years now. I really wanted to get away from MS
      > but my computer has to work, and atleast with windows it will
      > restart. Untill linux gets the driver support it needs and figures
      > out away to install them without all the dependenies the avarge use
      > will never use it . You can't even get a modem to work in linux and
      > most of us are still stuck with dialup . I am glad it works for most
      > of you and i wish i was ome of you, but i am not

      Hehe,

      I wish I could say the same about windows, since getting my M60 the wireless
      card randomnly stops working in Windows needing a reboot to get it working
      again (as it does on my brothers d600), it took me about 4 hours to get the
      bluetooth working in windows vs. about 10 minutes for Linux. I now don't boot
      windows on the laptop anymore as I can't be bothered to find the time to get
      the hardware working :)

      Adam
      --
      jabberid = quinophex@...