Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: "Read-only file system" error in Fedora Core 2

  • John Ruschmeyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2004
      Silly question, but has the OP tried reading the output of 'dmesg'
      when the disk is in read-only mode? I'm wondering if it is pulling
      some kind of error (either a drive error or an EXT3fs journaling
      error) and being put into read-only mode.

      FWIW, it might also be worth booting a LiveCD distro like Knoppix. And
      manually running e2fsck on the partitions in question.

      <<<john.>>