Fedora Core 2 - Dell 5150 - WPA support

  • edu999
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004

      Thanks to those who helped me with my first question. I installed
      Fedora Core 2 on my 5150 and now both wired and wireless interfaces
      work!

      Which brings me to my next question:

      I want to use WPA instead of WEP. Does ndiswrapper support WPA? I
      haven't found info on it so far. I saw that linuxant supports WPA,
      and I'm willing to pay the $20 for it, but before I buy it I want to
      know this:

      Since I've already installed ndiswrapper and gotten it working, do I
      have to do any special removal procedure before I install linuxant
      (for WPA support)?

      Thanks again for all your help!

      -Karl
    • [Lx]-=Mystify=-
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
        Am Tuesday 27 July 2004 10:06 schrieb edu999:

        > Which brings me to my next question:
        [snip]
        > I want to use WPA instead of WEP. Does ndiswrapper support WPA?
        [/snip]

        no as far is i know ndiswrapper doesn't support wpa. but maybe you should take
        a look at 'wpa_supplicant', cause it supports the ndiswrapper and brings WPA
        to your linux.

        i use ndiswrapper myself, but didn't find the time to test 'wpa_supplicant',
        so if you do, please let me know...

        mfg
        OR