Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Boot up to external monitor

  • Rajesh Kumble Nayak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
      hi

      On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 20:27, surveyah wrote:
      > I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 running Red Hat 9.0 (dual booting to XP
      > Pro). At work I have it docked in my docking station and would like
      > to be able to boot up into Linux to an external monitor. It starts
      > up loading ok, but when it begins to go in KDE the screen goes
      > dark. This works fine on my laptop screen. I tried changing the
      > XF86Config file by adding both intern_disp and extern_disp, but this
      > didn't work...
      >
      > Anyone know how to make this work?

      which driver you are using. If you are using nvidia driver
      from their official sight, you have set the option TwinView. There
      is good deal of help in the README file supplied.
      Hope this is of some use.
      Rajesh

      Rajesh Nayak mailto:nayak@...
      Departement Artemis mailto:ranau2@...
      Observatoire de la Cote d'Azur ph(o):(33)-04 92 00 31 84
      BP 4229 06304 NICE cedex 4 FRANCE fax:(33) 04 92 00 31 96
      To make a bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible.
      -Bill Watterson for Calvin
      In Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip.