Wireless Setup

  • raitzrulz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2004
      HI all,
      i am a novice to linux and just getting to learn it. i recently
      purchased a D-Link DWL-G630 wirless card. I want to learn how to
      configure this for Red Hat linux 8.0 on a Dell inspiron 8200.

      Can someone kindly guide me how do i go about collecting information
      on how to proceed?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

      ~V
    • heel@furchtbar.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2004

        late, but i found no answer in the forum.

        D-link uses typical axc100 chips from TI in there PCMCIA Cards.
        All you need can be found on axc100.sf.net

        it works fine on my DELL Latitude C640.

        Mich'l

        On Wednesday 07 July 2004 05:30, raitzrulz wrote:
        > HI all,
        > i am a novice to linux and just getting to learn it. i recently
        > purchased a D-Link DWL-G630 wirless card. I want to learn how to
        > configure this for Red Hat linux 8.0 on a Dell inspiron 8200.
        >
        > Can someone kindly guide me how do i go about collecting information
        > on how to proceed?
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
        >
        > ~V

      • George H-S
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2004
          I've managed to install a number of Linux distributions on my Inspiron 5100
          but I have not been able to get my D-Link DWL-650 card to work. I have so
          far played around with Fedora 2, MandrakeSoft 9.2 and 10.0. Does anyone
          know of a card that will just nicely be recognized and work? Thank you in
          advance.

          George
        • linux_jjs
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
            I don't know about that card, I have a PCMCIA D-Link Air Plus DWL-G650
            (note the G) - works fine with the madwifi drivers. I use Debian
            sarge, downloaded the package.

            I do wonder if anyone can recommend a minipci card for a Del C600
            laptop? The ones dell sells appear to be based on the Broadcom
            chipset, which doesn't have an open-source driver.

            jeff

            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, George H-S