S-Video Out, Inspiron 1100

  • Tom.Grimes@mpi-hd.mpg.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2004
      Has anybody tried using the newest Intel drivers for the i845G chipset?
      According to the documentation, TV-out is supported. I would try it
      myself, but I won't have access to my Inspiron 1100 for another month.

      Go to downloadfinder.intel.com
      Click on "Intel 82845G Graphics Controller"
      Select Linux as OS (of course)

      Both the RPM and the tarball are dated "6/7/2004"
      There are now XF86Config options controlling TV and clone mode, for example:

      Option "MonitorLayout" "anystr"

      Allow different monitor configurations. e.g. "CRT,LFP" will
      configure a CRT on Pipe A and an LFP on Pipe B. Regardless of
      the primary heads' pipe it is always configured as "<PIPEA>,
      <PIPEB>". Additionally you can add different configurations
      such as "CRT+DFP,LFP" which would put a digital flat panel and
      a CRT on pipe A, and a local flat panel on pipe B. For single
      pipe configurations you can just specify the monitors types on
      Pipe A, such as "CRT+DFP" which will enable the CRT and DFP on
      Pipe A. Valid monitors are CRT, LFP, DFP, TV, CRT2, LFP2, DFP2,
      TV2 and NONE.

      NOTE: Some configurations of monitor types may
      fail, this depends on the Video BIOS and system configuration.

      Default: Not configured, and will use the current head's pipe
      and monitor.