Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Can't mount/read DVDs

  • Raju Kurunkad
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2004
      * simon@... <simon@...> [2004-07-01 19:12]:
      > I have an Inspiron 8200 running gentoo 2.6.x kernel with UDEV. I don't
      > seem to be able to read/mount/anything DVDs. CDs work just fine. If I
      > try and m ount a dvd using mount /mnt/cdrom I get: no medium found.
      >
      > Any perls of wisdom?

      I had a similar problem with the MATSHITA UJDA740 on my Inspiron 8200. I was
      able to fix it up upgrading the firmware of the CD-RW/DVD drive. The drive came
      with firmware version 1.00. This problem was fixed by upgrading to firmware
      1.03. I got this info from one of the dell forums. The actual link to the
      firmware for MATSHITA UJDA740 is

      ftp://ftp.dell.com/rmsd/R58198.EXE

      Raju