Finally!

  • joegarret2003
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
      I got my new 8600 with a wireless setup two weeks ago. After
      configuring all the s/w I thought I would ever want, I jumped on the
      web to look up my newsgroups. Within 2 or 3 hours, I was bombarded
      by all the usual winbloze crap... I had enough...
      I'm just completing the install of FC2 on this box, and, so far,
      everything is falling into place. A newbie is born! I've been
      watching the newsgroups and boards for a few weeks now, and decided
      that it's time I jump in and join the fray. Microsoft - bad; Linux -
      good...

      I thought compiling all the sources would be a nightmare, but not
      near as complicated as I originally thought. Reading the available
      docs 'carefully' really helped.

      I hope I can contribute to the group soon since this group and
      others have helped worlds in getting me here.

      Thanks all!
    • IbericoVespucio
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
        Respondiendo a joegarret2003 [[linux-dell-laptops] Finally!], del 01 de julio de 2004 a las 06:26:21 (-0000)

        > I hope I can contribute to the group soon since this group and
        > others have helped worlds in getting me here.

        Wellcome!

        Ángel.

        --
        "Cuando rezamos hablamos con Dios, pero cuando leemos es Dios
        quien habla con nosotros" (San Agustín)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2004
          Hello!

          I have Latitude CPx J750GT, SoundCard Maestro3, Mandrake10.
          I need to run smth like xmms or aumix to change sound volume.

          Have You any suggestions to use simpler way of doing so? xev doesn't
          react at pressing Fn-PgUp or Fn-PgDown..
          --
          WBR, Vadim E. Ulybin.