mouse acceleration

  • Kovacs Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
      Dear List,

      I have az I8600 and have been using it with quite a success for a few months
      now. I have just bought a mouse (external USB, Creative I think, it works
      with the protocol IMPS/2). This mouse accelerates must faster then my older
      USB mouse, and even if I set the acceleration rate in KDE to 1 (which is the
      smallest value) it is too fast for me. Does anybody have any idea where can I
      set it to slower acceleration? Is there an X parameter to set this to even
      slower then the minimum value offered to me by KDE?

      Thanks,

      Richard
    • Ivan Fernandez Pelaez
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2004
        On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:01:07PM +0200, Kovacs Richard wrote:
        > I have az I8600 and have been using it with quite a success for a few months
        > now. I have just bought a mouse (external USB, Creative I think, it works
        > with the protocol IMPS/2). This mouse accelerates must faster then my older
        > USB mouse, and even if I set the acceleration rate in KDE to 1 (which is the
        > smallest value) it is too fast for me. Does anybody have any idea where can I
        > set it to slower acceleration? Is there an X parameter to set this to even
        > slower then the minimum value offered to me by KDE?

        Try

        xset m 0

        Increment the number if 0 is too slow. See man xset(1x) for details. I
        suspect that the kde parameter you are talking about is just a frontend
        for this setting, but with the commandline you can at least specify 0 or
        (I think) fractions.

        --
        Ivan Fernández
        ivan.fernandez@...