Re: [linux-dell-laptops] NVIDIA Display drivers

  • Jonathan Geremia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2004
      Did you follow the nvidia install instuctions word for
      word? because I am thinking that you did the sh
      nvidia-blah-blah-5336... but you did not edit the
      XF86Config and comment out dri from the modules
      section and glx to it.

      copy/paste your XF86Config here. or the modules
      section.

      "more /etc/X11/XF86Config"

      Also, if this problem is happening prior to you even
      getting into linux (which I think it is) you will
      want to change your user level. I assume you are using
      grub, so hit "e" on the kernel you are having problems
      with then hit e again so you can edit that line and
      put the word "single" in there. Then hit b to boot
      that kernel. That should put you into single user mode
      where it doesnt load any modules. Hopefully you should
      get to a prompt.

      hope this helps

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail