Tweak Linux

  • Bill Rosoman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2004
      Someone was wanting to tweak linux.

      I have found that when I am away from my LAN it is as slow as. But I discovered that if you goto a shell and
      "ifdown eth0" and "samba stop" then it is a lot quicker. I can also stop the NIC loading using an Interactive load of Linux (using Mandrake)

      the reverse is ifup eth0 and samba start

      HTH

      Bill Rosoman
      Whatawhata 2050
      New Zealand Aotearoa