Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Latitude X200 - Slack and a MediaBase

  • Gus Wiening
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2004
      I don't recall 100%, but I believe that the mediabay uses an IEEE1394 (firewire) method of communication. I could be confusing this with something else, though. Hope that helps at least a little...

      Bryan Angelo <angelobj@...> wrote:
      I'm trying to install Slack on a Dell Latitude x200 with the
      Mediabase via CD.  I can boot from the CD but once it loads the
      setup kernel...no dice.

      I'm no expert...enthusist at best.  So be gentle :)  I've had
      similliar issues with other distros so I'm asuming it's simply a
      matter of getting the CD support loaded and mounting the drive.  The
      question is...How?

      TIA

      Encumbered forever by desire and ambition,
      There's a hunger still unsatisfied.
      Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon,
      Though down that road we've been so many times...

      - Pink Floyd, "High Hopes"

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jack
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2004
        I installed Debian on mine via network. You just need the kernel to get
        up, and install the rest of the system from the network. Lovely piece of
        hardware. A good guide is here:

        http://modperl.com:9000/x200/

        second pass

        Jack