[linux-dell-laptops] Dell Latitude LM and NeoMagic 2070

  • Zach P
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 1999
      Hello,
      I recently purchased a Dell Latitude LM and installed linux
      successfully on it. I am very happy with it so far, except for one
      thing. I can only run X at 8 bpp. Although the video card has 876 K
      of memory, I set it to 1024 in order to try to get 16 bpp. The server
      started sucessfully but the cursor was a big white block, and there was
      a white strip at the bottom of the LCD about a inch thick. Once I
      turned off hardware cursor, the mouse was fine. How should I get rid
      of that strip?

      Thank you,
      Zach