driver for intel pro/wireless 2200

  • Vikas Singhal
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5 3:37 AM
      hi,
      jus installed suse on my new dell 600m.
      want to know if there is a driver for the intel 2200BG wirelesscard
      available.
      thanks,
      Vikas
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 1:46 AM

        Try ndiswrapper: [http://ndiswrapper.sf.net]. It's a wrapper for the
        windows
        binary drivers of your wifi card to make them work under linux. Last
        weekend
        I tried it on a Dell 510m with a miniPCI Pro/Wireless 2100 and it worked
        great.

        You can find if your card is supported here:
        [http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/supported_chipsets.html]

        This driver is GPL.

        If you want to pay to get better support, try www.linuxant.com . I think
        they
        offer a 30 day free trial.

        There is even a preliminar official opensource driver by Intel, but it
        doesn't
        support wep yet very well as far as I know. [http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net]

        Good look!

        --
        Obstáculos es lo que ves cuando apartas la vista del objetivo.
        Miguel Hernández Martos <enlavin@...>
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6 7:26 AM
          On Thu, 6 May 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Miguel Hernández Martos wrote:

          > There is even a preliminar official opensource driver by Intel, but it
          > doesn't support wep yet very well as far as I know.
          > [http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net]

          I'm using it on the 2100 card (with WEP, and it's OK) - but it doesn't
          run on the 2200 series cards. (This very issue was just brought up on
          their mailing list).

          -Kenny

          --
          Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
          H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (888) 454-8181
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6 7:43 AM
            I haven't tried the ndiswrapper yet, but I am presently trying Linuxant's 30
            trail on my 2200 and it works perfectly. As an FYI, their site says that
            the 'permanent' license is ~$20.

            brian