Re: [linux-dell-laptops] The '»' Character on alaptop

  • Vadim E. Ulybin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      Hello!

      You canb map this (and almost any) key to many purposes:

      1) As I use GNOME, I can map keys to its purposes via GNOME
      ControlCenter-KeyBindings
      2) package "acme" (not included in my distro, but easily found) allows to
      map keys (especially laptops' ones) to some actions, espec. for multimedia
      purposes
      3) package "xbindkeys" can map _any_ xev-detected key/mouse pressings in
      many combinations to [almost] any events, incl. exectuting tasks.

      I like xbindkeys much more than acme. =)

      You can find listed packages as i586-RPMs at
      ftp://lorus.relcom.ru/pub/Linux/