RE: [linux-dell-laptops] libglide2x.so

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 11:33 PM
      Percy, you know with all the missing files, it might be easier to boot from the CD and do an upgrade install. That would reinstall the programs that are having problems. You would be back at step one, where you could start again at customizing. Thatś what I used to do. Did you change your host name or network setup in the process of the customizations your are doing? That could cause certain files to go missing. Good luck -- d

      On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 21:14, Percy Rotteveel wrote:

      Hi Douglas,

      Thanks for your response, I really appreciate your help.

      When I execute the following command from the root "find . -name *.rpm", the following two files were found:

      1) ./var/cache/alchemist/printconf.rpm
      2) ./user/share/doc/fam-2.6.4/INSTALL.rpm

      When I execute the following command from the root "find . -name libglide*.so", the following two files were found:

      1) ./usr/lib/glide3/libglide3-v3.so
      2) ./usr/lib/glide3/libglide3-v5.so
      3) ./usr/lib/libglide3.so

      So, no I did not find the rpm nor the so =;-(

      Cheers,

      Zojnk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27 7:16 AM

        Hi Douglas,

        In the information in one of the links that had been provided I read XF86Config-4 is the configuration file for XFree86. So what I did was:

        1) Run "XFree86 -configure"

        2) Even though it came back with the error it could not find libglide2x.so, it created a configuration XF86Config.new.

        3) I copied this file over /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and rebooted the machine.

        4) And now it works!

        Let's hope it will stay like that.

        Thanks for all you help,

        Percy