Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Installation of Win Modem

  • Bill Rosoman
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2004
      --- Chris Mauricio <cmauricio@...> wrote: >
      On Saturday 24 April 2004 16:52, Bill Rosoman wrote:
      > <SNIP>
      >

      > > symbolic link `/dev/ttySL0' -> `/dev/pts/6'
      > created.
      > > Use `/dev/ttySL0' as modem device, Ctrl+C for
      > termination.
      >

      > <SNIP>
      >
      > > kppp using /dev/ttyS0
      > ^^^^^
      >
      > Missing the "L". If this is a typo in your email,
      > then ignore me. If this is
      > what kppp and others are trying to use, then this
      > could be your problem.
      >
      > <SNIP>

      No it is not a typo, but it is how I get KPPP to use
      ttySL0 as it is not in the list of Devices. However on
      further playing I can get wvdial to dial my ISP but
      then can not see how to get it to log on.

      Does anyone have a wvdial.conf script I can get some
      ideas from.

      This is my last obstacle in getting Linux fully
      operational on my notepad after 6 months LOL.

      TIA

      =====

      Bill Rosoman Dip C.S
      Hamilton