Re: Inspiron 1100 BIOS Update problem

  • jeudepau
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2004
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Damien Solley
      <dsolley@s...> wrote:

      > I know the upgrade from A06 to A22 is supported, I just can't find the
      > A22 update for the Inspiron 1100 as a Windows executable. However, the
      > A22 upgrade is available as a CD image (.iso) at:
      > http://geocities.com/randomnumbergenerator2001/A22.zip
      > First unzip the archive, which contains A22.iso.
      > You need CD burning software to burn this iso image. Nero or Roxio
      allow
      > you to 'burn image to cd'.
      > Once you've made the CD (use a rewriteable!) reboot. Press F12 while
      > booting and select boot from CD. The update will go from there.

      I downloaded and burned the A22.iso.

      It just works !!

      Well done, I have the correct BIOS. I already installed Mandrake 10.0
      Community Edition without X server. I have to check now if it works
      with this new BIOS but I guess it will.

      Damien, I tell you if something has to be updated on your page.
      You can already say that Mandrake 10.0 CE install works on Inspiron
      1100 :+)

      Thanks a lot.

      Regards,

      tqbfjotld.