Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Christian Ziet's 845 patch

  • ex0dus
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2004
      I also am a college student and I run Windows-XP Pro and Gentoo 2004
      with a dual boot. Yesterday I upgraded from the A06 Bios to the A28
      Bios. I realize some of you would say that I should not have done this
      but it fixed more things than it broke.

      I used the 845patch flawlessly and it fixed it so that I can use XFree86
      (I'm a Gnome fan myself). I had no problems whatsoever installing Gentoo
      and I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn alot about linux. By
      installing gentoo I learned much from doing the installation procedure
      (which isnt for the linux newcomer).

      Gentoo compiles everything on your own machine so that it is optimized
      (and fast!).

      I love it.