Re: [linux-dell-laptops] RH9 stole my connectivity!

  • Michael Lindsey
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi Arani and ex0@...--
      ex0-- you were right! If I shutdown the machine
      altogether, the NIC works fine for XP. But if I
      reboot to switch OSs, the problem pops up again.
      Thanks so much--my wife is saved from having to use
      Linux (F.U.D. victim).
      Arani--I didn't try to use the modem; I live in
      Bulgaria, where we don't even bother with the
      land-line telephones. If you mean the driver for the
      network card, I got it from Broadcom's at:
      http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php?cookiecheck=1
      It's the BCM4401 driver. After you decompress the
      archive, the README file gives install instructions.
      It was a snap.
      It looks like I need to thoroughly go over Steffen's
      recommendations in his posting.

      Thanks,
      Mike Lindsey

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/s5T0lB/TM

      =====
      Yo, this is the new email address. @... will go away after August 1st ...

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • ex0@cox.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2004
        I'm sure that will be one of the few times i'm EVER right. I just figured you had the same problem.