Re: Will Not Shutdown!

  • susan_m_keil
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
      Downloading and installing a new kernel through the Mandrake's
      install software option was easy. Search for kernel when looking for
      new sortware to install. The process attempted to update my boot
      sequence so I could boot to my original kernel and the new kernel,
      but booting to the new one no longer worked. Fortunately booting to
      the new one did work!

      My whole motivation for getting the new kernel was to yield a
      complete shutdown, which is now working. I'm currently struggling to
      get touchpad support back for my mouse. I like to make left mouse
      button selections via the touchpad - apparently most people don't -
      so I too am reading about how to recompile a kernel. I have not
      quite figured out how to do it either. One place with information is
      the follwoing:

      http://www.MandrakeUsers.org/index.php?showtopic=4459

      I have found the mandrake forum to be quite useful. You may want to
      search around in there if you have not already.

      Regards,
      Susan
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Bill Rosoman